Our Efforts to Support Our Customers, Associates & Community
As the situation around the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to develop, our paramount concern remains the same – it's for the health and safety of our customers and our associates.
In all municipalities that have "shelter in place" mandates, The Home Depot has been deemed an essential retailer and will remain open to serve our customers.
- Our Pro website and call centers are open
- Our stores and distribution centers are open
- Our credit and merchandising teams are maintaining normal operations
- Our outside sales professionals are working remotely and remain committed to serving you
All of our Home Depot Pro distribution center branch showrooms and counters remain open for your pick-up needs.
To abide by social distancing recommendations, we ask that you place all orders to our Home Depot Pro distribution centers in advance of your arrival. There are three ways you can place an advance order:
- Call your local branch
- Contact our customer service team at 1-800-288-2000
- Online at HomeDepotPro.com/SpecialtyTrades
Once you arrive, your order will be ready at our will-call bay door.
How The Home Depot Is Supporting Pro Customers
Operational Changes & Safety Measures
- STORE HOURS — In order to give our teams the time needed to restock, clean and sanitize their store, The Home Depot stores will be closing earlier until further notice. Our store opening hours remain unchanged.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING — We’re promoting the practice of social and physical distancing in our stores and distribution centers. As a result, your store may limit the number of customers allowed inside at any given time.
- IN-STORE RETURN POLICY — In order to limit store traffic, we have adjusted our return policy and will now accept returns for up to 180 days after purchase – we ask that customers refrain from making in-store returns at this time.
Expanding Online and Delivery Options
- FREE CURBSIDE PICKUP — Available at most stores for online order pickup through mid-May.
- FREE STORE PICKUP — Millions of items are eligible for free store pickup, and many can be ready within a few hours. Due to the high volume of orders being processed, pickup times may be delayed in some cases. Please wait to receive an email or text notification before going to the store to pick up your order.
- DELIVERY SERVICES — Delivery of online orders remains available, although there may be delays due to high demand and inventory availability. We are currently offering limited scheduled delivery services for online orders, however, same-day and next-day delivery services have been suspended until further notice.
Supporting Our Communities
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT DONATIONS — We’ve donated millions of dollars in personal protective equipment (PPE) to hospitals, healthcare providers and first responders. Due to these donations, PPE items may be unavailable in stores and online.
- PRICE FREEZE — Weeks ago, we voluntarily froze pricing nationwide across product categories in high demand due to COVID-19.
- PRODUCT PRIORITIZATION & AVAILABILITY — While prioritizing shipments of essential supplies to healthcare providers, our supply chain team is focused on restocking inventory safely and quickly.
Supporting Our Associates
PAID TIME OFF – In order to provide our associates with the time needed to take care of themselves and their families, we have implemented the following actions:
- Added 80 hours of paid time off for all full-time hourly associates and 40 hours of paid time off for part-time hourly associates to be used at their discretion at any time in 2020 and paid out at year-end if not used
- For associates who are 65 years of age or older, or determined to be at higher risk by the CDC, added 160 hours of paid time off for full-time hourly associates and 80 hours of paid time off for part-time hourly associates to be used at their discretion at any time in 2020 and paid out at year-end if not used
- Providing paid time off for any associate who has contracted COVID-19 until released by a doctor
- Providing up to 14 days paid time off for any associate required to be quarantined by a public health authority or the CDC
We've compiled the links below to help make finding the information you need easier. Materials on this website are provided for informational purposes only, do not constitute legal advice, and are not guaranteed to be complete, correct, or up-to-date.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), is administering a number of temporary lending and debt relief programs for small businesses impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak.
- The SBA sets guidelines for lenders, community development organizations and micro-lending institutions to provide small businesses with SBA-guaranteed loans that feature competitive terms and other unique benefits.
- The US Treasury Department’s Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFI) Fund offers a national directory of local mission-driven CDFIs that provide loans to certain business owners and individuals.
- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) offers a site to provide tax help to taxpayers and businesses affected by the Coronavirus, including information on tax relief for businesses and personal eligibility for an Economic Impact Payment.
- The SBA offers a site where you can search by ZIP code for potential lenders who may be able to support eligible businesses' loan applications.
- Find out how The Home Depot may be able to help our Commercial Revolving Charge Card holders who have been impacted by COVID-19.
- Support may also be available for The Home Depot Commercial Credit Card holders who have been impacted by COVID-19.
Operating & Legal Resources
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has set up a site with the latest information and guidance about the Coronavirus.
- The CDC’s COVID-19 Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers offers specific information to help workplaces prepare and respond to the Coronavirus.
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Coronavirus Small Business Guide features a wide variety of resources for small businesses and is updated on a daily basis.
- For legal insights, guidance and analysis, plus the latest state-specific COVID-19 restrictions and orders, please visit:
- DLA Piper LLP’s Coronavirus Resource Center
- Husch Blackwell LLP’s State-by-State COVID-19 Guidance
- King & Spalding LLP’s Coronavirus Task Force
- The U.S. Department of Labor is offering a number of resources to help workers and employers prepare for and respond to the COVID-19 virus.
- The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) provides information on identifying risk levels in workplace settings, determining safe work practices and implementing appropriate personal protective equipment in the workplace.
- Enroll in Pro Xtra – The Home Depot's free loyalty program built for pros – to enjoy special services, members-only benefits, savings and business tools.
State & Local Resources
- The SBA Directory of Local Resources, including District, Regional and Field Offices, helps small business owners get in touch with local resource partners that offer counseling, training, mentoring and more.
- The National Governors Association (NGA) provides a directory of the websites of the nation's Governors, as well as access to regular updates from the NGA regarding COVID-19.
- The National Chamber of Commerce Directory, from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, provides a full list of state, territory and local Chambers of Commerce.
Alternate Income Opportunities
- The Home Depot is currently hiring for full- and part-time positions in our distribution centers and stores – visit The Home Depot Career Portal to search for jobs and apply. Available positions may vary by location.
- Roadie connects drivers with local businesses to earn money doing local "no contact" deliveries with no vehicle requirements or time commitments. Sign up to work full-time, part-time or just once in a while.
Our goal is to safely serve your business, and we will continue to keep you informed as this situation evolves. If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to us at 1-800-288-2000.
For more Customer Support please visit our Help Page.