For a new return, please contact customer service at 800-288-2000 or email ProTrades_CustomerCare@homedepot.com.
Most new, unopened merchandise sold by HD Supply can be returned within 90 days of delivery, unless noted items are a special order or outlined in our Return Policy Exceptions. If your purchase was made with The Home Depot Consumer Credit Card, The Home Depot Commercial Revolving Charge, or The Home Depot Commercial Account, you have 365 days from the date of purchase to receive a full refund, unless noted in our Return Policy Exceptions. Products that are not considered defective or damaged must be returned in original packaging and must be returned in good, re-saleable condition or credit may not be granted.
Returns for purchases with valid proof of purchase will be exchanged or refunded in the form of original payment as determined by HD Pro. Refunds will be issued to the original form of payment unless noted in our Return Policy Exceptions.
A 20% restocking fee may be applied to returns unless items are found to be damaged or defective, or in cases where a shipping error occurred. Original shipping charges will be fully refunded in the event that the return is the result of an error by HD Pro. Exceptions may apply (including Scheduled Delivery and Major Appliance). Items must be returned with all components for a full refund.
Receipt of returned product does not constitute an admission of liability for any claims.
How to Place a Return
Please contact Customer Service prior to returning any item(s) to receive authorization. Have the following info ready:
- Invoice or order number (if available)
- Item number and quantity to be returned
- Reason for return
Return Policy Exceptions
Order is Damaged, Defective, or Short
Buyer shall examine material upon receipt. Damaged items and order shortages must be reported to HD Supply within 3 business days of receipt. Open all packages and inspect products for completeness and condition upon delivery.
Delivery to jobsite constitutes delivery to Buyer, regardless of whether Buyer or his/her agent is at the site at the time of delivery or signs a delivery receipt. In those rare instances when a package is lost or an item is damaged in transit, we assume full responsibility for filing claims.
Porcelain/china products and cabinets must be inspected at time of delivery. If broken, items must not be signed for and delivery should be refused. If items cannot be inspected at time of delivery, then it is recommended that the customer sign for item "pending inspection" on the bill of lading, and will have 3 days to notify us of any problems. It will be the responsibility of the customer to file any claims with carrier, if the above protocol is not followed.
For Fredrich products, if the product is defective a field service technician will be dispatched to repair the product, a return for credit will be not be allowed. Please call customer care to schedule a technician.
- When possible, count number of cartons or items. This must be the same as shown on the freight bill. If not, sign freight bill 'short' before driver leaves. Any visible signs of damage, including shrink-wrap being torn or missing, should be noted on freight bill.
- Check-in shipment immediately and report discrepancies as soon as possible. If shortages are not reported within 72 hours of receipt, they will not be credited.
- Not all orders come on the same delivery. Make sure number of cartons shown on packing slip matches those delivered before claiming shortages.
- If a shortage has been called in, but later received, please notify us immediately so paperwork can be corrected.
Merchandise is Non-returnable*
- Major Appliances
- Custom Products such as paint, blinds, and other made to order items
- Special order products
- Whole House and Stationary Generators
- Labor, Delivery, and/or Installation Services
- Product Samples (e.g. Paint, Flooring, Fabric, and Wallpaper)
- Chemicals where the product seal is open
* List is subject to change
30-Day Return Policy
The following items may only be returned within 30 days of delivery:
- Generators (other than Whole House and Stationary Generators)
- Gas Powered Equipment and Tractors
- Consumer Electronics (e.g. Televisions, Radio, Tablets, & Computers)
- Products with active expiration dates including chemicals, cleaning products, food in the original, unopened packages/containers, skin care, safety products
- Seasonal items such as: Ice melt, pool care products, etc.
Defective Or Damaged Major Appliances: A replacement for damaged or defective appliances must be requested within 48 hours of delivery. Once unit is operational, any further issues must be submitted through the manufacturer's warranty.
Due to safety hazards, items that use flammable liquids or gases or are involved in bio-hazard applications cannot be physically returned, even if the item has been drained of these materials. This includes (but is not limited to) items such as lawn mowers, leaf blowers, and any other items that use flammable liquids or gases. Fully regulated products, including direct to metal paint, any oil-based products, should be disposed of following local guidelines and regulations as it relates to disposal of these items. If an item is deemed defective, damaged, or deemed eligible for return, a refund will be issued but HD Pro will not be responsible for disposal of said item.
Paint: Unopened pre-mixed paint may be returned according to the HD Pro policy guidelines. Custom made paint products cannot be returned unless items is deemed defective or mixed incorrectly. RGA request must be created to validate and initiate return.
Custom Blinds: Custom blinds cannot be returned unless there was a mistake in the cutting where the finished blind size does not match what 'is on the signed-off order. Exchanges must occur within 15 days of receipt of package. Additionally any missing hardware will be replaced free of charge.
All special orders, including custom and configurable products*, are not returnable unless product arrives damaged or defective. Products ordered through our special orders team via homedepot.com are eligible for return under our standard return policy.
All products must be inspected upon delivery, including porcelain, china and cabinetry. Broken items must not be signed for and delivery should be refused. If items cannot be inspected at time of delivery, please sign 'pending inspection' on the bill of landing. Customers have three days after signing 'pending inspection' to notify us of any problems. Customers must call customer service to initiate a return request for damaged or defective product. Returns will not be accepted unless we are first notified of the reason and the return is approved. It is the responsibility of the customer to file any claims with the carrier if the above protocol is not followed.
*Includes Lasco tubs, bathroom partitions and custom-cut/made products including: blinds, cabinetry, windows, window screens, window coverings, doors, countertops, vanities, signs, locks, mats, dispensers and logo work. List of non-returnable products subject to change.